Info for first-time users
Below you’ll find printable TRAKR instructions and a step-by-step guide to getting your TRAKR up and running. Learn how to insert batteries, steer the TRAKR, and connect it to your computer.
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: If you threw away the instruction sheets that came with your TRAKR, you can download and print a new copy here. This document also includes some extra tips and information that we recently added.
Download the PDF (217kb PDF)
TRAKR Set Up
Step 1 Insert Batteries & Assemble
Insert the batteries. You'll need 6 AA batteries for the TRAKR and 4 AA batteries for the remote control
- Use a small Phillips head screwdriver to loosen the screws on the battery compartment of both the vehicle and the remote. The screws will not fall out
- Open the battery cover.
- Place new batteries in compartment as shown in the image. (Fig. 1)
- Replace the battery cover and tighten screws.
- Snap up the antenna. (Fig. 2)
- Attach the transport deck. (Fig. 2)
Step 2 Turn It On
- Power on the TRAKR using on/off switch 1.
- Power on the remote control using on/off switch 2.
- Power on the speaker using the audio on/off button, and select quiet or loud volume with the volume control switch.
Step 3 Drive The TRAKR
- Steer the TRAKR's left and right treads by pushing the steering controls back and forth with your thumbs.
- The TRAKR comes preloaded with various features and apps like Night Vision, Cyborg Vision and Path Mapper. Learn how to select and use these features when you Download TRAKR Instructions.
Step 4 Connect With spytrakr.com & Download Apps
- Power off the TRAKR
- Plug the yellow USB CABLE into the yellow port on the TRAKR, then plug the other end into your computer. (Your computer must have USB ports in order to do this.)
- The TRAKR folder will appear on your drive as a device if you are using Windows. If you’re on a Mac, it will appear on your desktop or in a Finder window. The name of the device is "TRAKR" (although a few TRAKRs will appear with the name "removable disc").
- Go to spytrakr.com , and download an app from the Apps Database.
- Save the app’s .bin file to the “APPS” folder inside the TRAKR folder.
- Unplug or eject the TRAKR device from your computer, power it on, and select your app from the menu!
Learn more about spytrakr.com here.